Breaking News


Book Rental

Elementary book rental fees can be paid by using Textbook Payments button on our homepage or below.  You will need your child’s ID# in order to complete the process.


Middle/high school invoices will be mailed home after September 1st.

Can my child be enrolled in any Greater Clark County School?

Parents can apply for an Inter-Corporation Transfer.  You will need to register your child at their “home” school and fill out a Transfer form. The receiving school will notify you if they have room for your child.  If a transfer is granted, transportation will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.  Parents can obtain the Inter-Corporation Transfer Form from your home school. **NOTE:  Utica Elementary does not accept transfers under any circumstances.


Contact Technology Services at 812-288-4802, ext. 50110 with any questions concerning Chromebooks.

Chromebook Guidelines

Do I have to register online?

Yes, all registration is done online.  If you don’t have access to a computer, or you need help with the registration process, you can visit your child’s school or the public library.  If you are having trouble with the registration process contact your child’s school.

Does GCCS have a Preschool program?

Yes, GCCS serves children four years old and younger, however, space is limited.  Contact the Director of Special Populations, at 812-288-4802, ext. 50213 for more information.

Will my child need to see the counselor before school starts?

All new middle and high schools students need to make an appointment with the school counselor after completing the online registration forms.  Returning students need to make an appointment only if they are needing a schedule change.

 How can I apply for Free/Reduced Lunch and Textbook Assistance?

You can apply for assistance online at for the 2018-2019 school year after July 1, 2018.  If you received assistance for the 2017-2018 school year you will need to re-apply after July 1, 2018.  Any questions concerning free/reduced lunch please contact Betsy Sumner at 812-288-4802 ext. 50180.

I don’t know what school my child should attend.

Call Transportation at 812-288-4882, ext. 73 for school boundaries.

I have lost or did not receive my child’s Snapcode can I register under New Student Registration?

No, if your child is a returning student you must register using your Snapcode.  Registering under New Student Registration will put your child in PowerSchool twice. You can login to PowerSchool or call your child’s school to receive your Snapcode.  During summer break call the Administration Building, 812-283-0701.

What bus will my child ride?

View Bus Routes

I’ve moved over the summer and my child will be going to a different GCCS school.

For returning students you will need to complete the registration process using the Snapcode provided.  You will not be able to change the school listed.   Once you have completed the registration form you will need to call the school and inform them that your child will not be returning but needs to be transferred to the new school.

When is the first day of school?

The first day of school for the 2018-2019 school year is August 8, 2018.

Where can I get information concerning my child’s school?

Call your child’s school concerning any questions you may have concerning registration, teacher, hours, etc.  NOTE:  School phones are very busy during the summer, you can leave a message with your name and phone number and someone will get back to you as soon as possible, if lines are busy please try back.

Where can I locate supply lists?

Elementary School List          Suggested Middle School List

Will my child’s school be holding an Open House before schools start?

Yes, all schools will hold an Open House before the beginning of school.

Elementary Schools – Monday, August 6, 2018 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Middle Schools – Tuesday, August 7, 2018 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

High Schools – Monday, August 6, 2018 – 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

For more information contact your child’s school.


Contact Information:

Visit your school’s ABOUT page.


Translate »