Am I permitted to view my personnel file or get a copy of some or all of my records?
How do I change my personal information (name change, address change, tax exemptions, etc.)?
How do I know how many exemptions to claim on my tax forms?
Who do I ask about teacher certifications?
Is there an open enrollment for signing up for direct deposit?
Can I have my direct deposit go to more than one account?
How many exemptions do I claim on my Federal and State taxes?
Can I change my exemptions at any time?
If I miss work due to bereavement leave, what documentation do you require?
How many leave days do I have?
When are W-2 forms normally ready each year?
When is open enrollment for health insurance, dental insurance, and tax sheltered annuities?
Can I enroll in health insurance at any time?
Until what age can a dependent child be covered under health and dental insurances?
Is there a vision coverage plan for Greater Clark employees?
Yes, vision coverage is included in our Humana health coverage plan.
I am thinking about retiring at the end of this school year. What do I need to do?
- You will need to contact PERF or TRF, whichever applies.
- You will need to make an appointment to meet with PERF or TRF to discuss your options and to request an estimate of your benefit. For TRF, you will need to take your last six (6) years average salary. This information may be requested from the Employee Relations Department.
- PERF or TRF will provide you with an application to request retirement benefits. You may complete this at any time and return it to PERF or TRF.
- You will need to write a letter to Tricia Helton, Director of Human Resources. This is your official notification to Greater Clark County Schools that you plan to retire. The retirement deadline is noted in your contract.
- Once your official notification is received in the Human Resources Department, Shannon Ottersbach (812) 288-4802, ext. 50142, will begin procedures to prepare for your retirement.
- You will be notified in early March that your letter has been received, and you will be instructed as to when you should make an appointment with Shannon Ottersbach to discuss benefits and final pay. These appointments are generally scheduled in late April or early May.
- You will be informed as to when your final pay will be and when your salary information will be sent to PERF or TRF from Greater Clark County Schools.
- Your first retirement benefit will arrive between 60-90 days from the date your retirement salary information was sent to PERF or TRF.
When I retire, will I be able to keep my health insurance?
When you retire, you can choose to remain in whichever plan you choose(family or single). You can remain in the group health plan until age 65. If you have a family plan, once you reach age 65, you and your dependents are no longer eligible to remain in the plan. You are required to pay the entire premium each month. Should you decide to discontinue the plan before reaching age 65, you will not be permitted to participate in the plan at any later date. Please consult your contract for information regarding health insurance at the time of retirement.